Valentine's Day Disaster

Started by Monica Mardain · 0 Replies
Posted: 4 yrs
This is another short I wrote for a Valentine's Day Prompt Contest, and I'm happy to say it won first place! I hope y'all like it as well!

All of the characters in this story are over the age of 18. Any questions feel free to ask!

Valentine's Day Disaster

Marie And Trey

•~•Marie•~•

At the grown ass age of 31, I still can't understand how I let my parents guilt me into doing their bidding. No matter how much I protest while on the phone with either of them, my bleeding heart always gives in and says yes.

It's the reason I'm stuck in this run down convenient store surrounded by all things red, roses, and full of love. When everyone can feel my revolution coming off of me in waves. It's safe to say my dead black heart would rather be anywhere but here at this moment.

But, because of said bleeding heart, I'm hiding at the back of the check-out line with a basket full of chocolate hearts, because my momma can never pass up a sale!

All this for $.50 a box! I should have stayed in bed! I think as I pull a piece of dried food from the bottom of my oversized t-shirt. I didn't bother to change before leaving my house to make the drive 20 minutes out of town.

My baggy old sweats, thread-bread oversized t-shirts, with my colorful keds were the only clothes in my closet, and I couldn't care less what anyone else thought of them. Since my husband of 10 years left me and our 2 kids a year ago, this very day, I haven't thought about what anyone else cared to say.

It's not like any of them have asked how things have been for us since then. No one has offered to help me with my bills from getting cut off or groceries for my kids. None of them go into my kids rooms at night to give them extra hugs and kisses, because they are crying for their father. Just me, all alone and I guess that's the way it's going to be.

~•~Trey•~•

Pulling in to the first store I've come to along these backroads in the last 30 minutes. I cut the engine and rest my forehead on the top of my steering wheel. Why must the mother of my child call just to bitch at me about something new each day! Of course I knew that today was Valentines Day, and planned on getting Em a gift.

Unfortunately some people have to work for a living, and can't do things at certain times. I would have loved to take Em's gift to her school, and had lunch with her. Em's 6th grade year was almost complete, and I felt like I'd missed it all.

Hopefully this place had roses and candy, or whatever else preteen girls classified as 'romantic'. I could buy whatever they had on the way home to get me back in Em's and her moms good graces.

Hoping out of my truck with my wallet in hand I make my way through the front doors. I take a quick sweep of the place then make my way fast toward the back corner. Where a meager selection of Valentines decor sat.

A few wilting flowers and half deflated balloons is all that was left. Luckily, I spot a small plush bear on a bottom shelf and grab it. I make my way around the store stopping at the back of the checkout line, and start waiting.

The old guy at the register looked to be pushing 90, and moving just as slow. I blew out a breath of frustration, then let my eyes wander around the place again. Old and full of miss-matched shelving on each row, but the floors at least looked clean. My eyes go back to the old man seeing he was still with the same customer as before, so I start checking out the people in the line.

An older couple with a few cans and some milk. Behind them were two men around their 40's with a few items between them. In front of me was a woman about 5'6 with brown hair tied in a messy bun on her head. Wearing clothes that must be someone else's. I looked at her basket, and groan seeing all the chocolate inside.

Old man at the register is going to take forever with all that!

She heard me groaning, and must have thought it was something bad. The woman straightened her spine then twisted around to face me. Cartoonish steam blowing from her ears. Her face turned to one of shock that had to mirror my own. Then I started to smirk. Well this just got interesting.

•~•Marie•~•

Mad and aggravated already from being in this store, and waiting in this line. I was ready to explode on the person behind me when I heard him groan. I didn't care who they were, I just needed to take some of my anger out on something. I was just about to blow when I finally saw their face, and paused instantly.

What have I done to deserve this type of karma? Why him!

Trey Winters, in all his 6'5, brown hair, bulky tattooed self! The bane of my existence since the age of 15 when he started dating my step-sister. 3 years later she was pregnant, and it's all she's talked about since.

'If only I wouldn't have gotten knocked-up at 16, I would be a Doctor right now!'

Shocked silent at seeming his face. That feeling died away when he started smiling his cocky grin. I hate that grin! No man, who looks like him, should be allowed to have dimples! It's not healthy for the sanity of women!

"How you doin, Marie? It sure has been awhile. Your lookin good as always." He winked.

"Trey. Obviously it hasn't been long enough. You still remember who I am." I gave him a dead stare in return.

"I'd never be able to forget you Marie. Just like you can't seem to forget about me." He gave the bottom of my shirt sleeve a tug. His body giving off an overly cocky vibe.

You really wanna go there asshole? Of course I haven't forgotten a single second! Don't! Not with me, not today, I don't think so!

"I have no idea what your talking about." I say quickly, then spin around facing back toward the front. A deep, dark laugh came from behind me. After a moment the noise stopped, then I felt his hot breath caress the shell of my ear.

"Don't lie to me, Dollface. My shirt your wearin says you know exactly what I'm talkin about."

My blood started to boil. My anger consuming me again completely. Before I could turn around, and start telling this piece of shit exactly what I mean. His arms caged me in from the back. His firm body molding to my backside. Stopping me completely with the words he started whispering in my ear.

•~•Trey•~•

I noticed the instant her mood changed, and her temper flared to life. Glad to know that sorry ex of hers didn't take everything from her. My Dollface has always been as precious as porcelain on the outside, but flaming red from anger on the in.

I remember the first time I called her that. It was a few weeks before Em's mom and I started dating. Marie hated it instantly. Each time I would call her Dollface, two little circular red splotches would blossom on her cheeks. Looking every bit like the name sake she'd been given.

Em's mom hated it as well, and would make Marie's life hell if she heard me say it in front of her. It became our little secret from then on. Making Marie angry was the only fun I could look forward to, for awhile, in my younger life. For a few years there.

If only I would have told Marie how I felt about her when we were kids. If only I hadn't been so gullible to fall into Em's mom trap. If only we could have finished what we started all those years ago. If only.

With that thought running through my mind. I tighten my arms around her waist, and pull her flush against me. Surrounding Marie in my embrace, then I placed my lips by her ear. Whispering every detail of the 10 year old memory, like it happened yesterday, playing in my head.

"I'll refresh your memory then, Dollface. God knows I replay that night at least once a day in my mind. Hot summer night, sitting on the tailgate of my truck in the middle of nowhere. Talking and just looking at the stars. The taste of your candy apple lips on my lips, and your nails leaving scratch marks all down my back. The feel of your tight cunt squeezing my fingers as your walls rippled from your first orgasm."

Marie's body started vibrating. Trying to stop any signs of arousal showing. Smiling with the knowledge she still wants me just as much as I've wanted her. I leaned closer to her magic spot on her neck, and go in for the kill.

I placed my lips over her sensitive spot on her neck behind her ear. I leave a few open mouth kisses in the exact spot that drives her wild. Then bite gently onto the same spot. Marie jumped forward breaking my hold, and spinning around to face me with her hands firmly on her hips.

"What in the fuck do you think your doing Trey?" Her cheeks coloring over in that perfect circle.

I bent my knees bringing my face even with hers, so she could look me in my eyes. "Helping you remember the best night of my life. Beside the day Em was born. This IS the day of love and romance ain't it?"

Her eyebrow shoots up in disbelief. "Really?"

"Of course. Why else would we be here? Waitin in this line to buy this heart-shaped crap?"

She gave me a megawatt smile before answering. "I'm not one for romance, but I am one for half priced chocolate. So, here we are." Raising her basket up between us to emphasize her point.

Dollface has always had a quick tongue. Full of sarcasm ready at anytime. Another of the many things that attracted me to her from the start. Just another reason, in my opinion, why it's always been her meant for me.

Reaching my limit, I took a quick step into her personal space. Cradling her cheeks in the palm of my hands. Letting my primal need for her shine from my eyes. Every feeling I've had for her bottled up. Shining clearly for her to see.

"For years my brain has played the what if game when it comes to you. It was you first, and should have stayed that way. But, the universe works at its own time. Finally we are both free again, and here in a place we normally wouldn't be. On the one day of the year marketed all about love. If this isn't a sign, I don't know what is, and I'm not going to pass it up this time. Drop your stuff, and let's get out of here. We've waited long enough to be happy."

Smiling a small, nervous smile. I dropped my hands from her face, and took a step back. I gave her a moment to process what I said, then stretched my hand toward her. "Ready?"

•~•Marie•~•

Speechless, flabbergasted, amazed, confused, that was all the emotions I could name running through me then. There was no way he was plagued with what ifs after that night, as much as me. Let alone trying to start again with someone else. No way he wanted this slob though!

But, man, if that's not my dreams come true. Years of fantasizing about him, and what our lives could have been like. That's all I've had. Even when I was with other people after him.

Could he be telling the truth? My gut was saying yes. Every word he spoke was the truth. Could I really do this? I couldn't say for sure or not. Even though he has a child with my step-sister?

Well, she did always take the things that use to be mine first. I guess it's time for me to return the favor!

With that thought, I gave him my evil genius smile while placing my hand in his. Letting the basket full of cheap chocolates fall to the floor.

"For Anything."

•~•The End•~•
Reply to this topic