Come and Rescue Me

Started by Monica Mardain · 0 Replies
Posted: 4 yrs
Come and Rescue Me

The best part of her roadside breakdown.

Author's Note

Look out, it's another short and sweet slice of life romance.

Come and Rescue Me

I recently found out that I get a little weak in the knees for a dark-haired butch in a tight tank top. The eagle tattoo on her right arm I could do without, but the rippling bicep underneath made me think maybe I could overlook the ink. This all came to me in a single flash of cognition, as my rescuer casually slipped out of her leather jacket and tossed it onto the front seat of her truck.

Looking at the emblem on the door, J & R Towing, I briefly wondered if the striking woman I was drooling over was J or if she was R, but she beat me to it.

"Hey," she said, putting on a smile and extending her hand, "I'm Roz. Looks like you're having a bit of a bad day."

I looked at the cloud of steam still flowing from the front grill of my little Kia and nodded.

"Wanna pop the hood for me and I'll take a look?"

I walked to the driver's side and felt around until I found the latch. Roz pulled a tattered, red shop rag from the back pocket of her bluejeans, and wrapped it around her hand before reaching in to lift the hood.

"I'd say your radiator's shot," she pronounced. "If we're lucky it's only a cracked hose, but judging from where the steam seems to be coming from, I'm guessing it's the core."

"Is that bad?" I asked. It sounded bad.

"Maybe, maybe not. If the tanks are in good shape, I can swap the core out pretty easily. The question is whether the local NAPA dealer has it in stock. This looks like a what? A two-thousand fourteen model?"

"Eleven," I said.

Roz's so far chipper expression twisted into a frown for a moment. This did not give me confidence.

"I'll give them a call once I get it back to the shop. I assume you need a ride?"

"Please."

After pulling my still hissing car up onto the flatbed, Roz walked around to the passenger side of her truck and opened the door for me. I quickly scribbled the word chivalrous next to the list of things that make me go weak in the knees.

Roz's mouth turned down at the corners as she set the battered and yellowing cordless handset back on its charger. We were sitting in the cramped office of her shop. I hadn't known Roz but an hour, and I already knew that frown meant bad news. The springs in her desk chair gave a tired squeak as she leaned forward to deliver it.

"The closest place that has your core is a dealership in South Bend. They're overnighting it for me. Gonna cost a little extra, but I figure if you're like most people, you don't want to stick around this little podunk town any longer than you have to."

"Thanks. I appreciate that."

Roz wheeled her chair back and stood up. She looked me over from head to toe and back again. Her expression remained completely neutral. At least it wasn't a frown, I told myself.

"There's two motels. The one in town, I wouldn't let a dog sleep there. That leaves the one on the outskirts. I'm assuming you'll need a ride."

"I can call a taxi or an Uber." I mentally pictured my bank account. It was in the form of a bathtub with dollar bills floating on top. There was radiator steam rising from the water and someone had just punched a hole in the drain.

"There's no taxi in town, and the only Uber driver I know of is my cousin Randy." Roz shot a glance at the at the wall clock. "It's after four, so he's probably halfway in the bag by now. I'll give you a ride."

"Thank you," I said, "I just need to get my bag out of the trunk."

"How about a bite to eat first? You hungry?"

I nodded.

"I know a place in town. Good food, reasonable prices."

My stomach began to rumble now that the subject of food had been brought up. I had been mostly snacking since pounding a donut for breakfast, wanting to put as much distance between me and that psycho bitch I was driving away from before I stopped for food. "That sounds perfect," I said, and followed Roz out the door.

Outside, she paused. "Oh, one other thing. Besides the tow truck, my only other transportation is a motorcycle. You okay with that? It's about six blocks if you'd rather walk."

"Sure." I smiled as she lead me to where her bike was parked. A vintage Harley Davidson Softail, almost exactly like the one my grandfather was restoring in his garage, except Roz's was completely assembled. It was a classic bike grandpa could never stop talking about—the same one my grandmother could never stop complaining about.

As I picked up the extra helmet, I amended my list of things that make me go weak in the knees. I was up to a chivalrous, dark-haired butch, in a tight tank top, who's taking me to dinner on the back of her vintage Harley. Probably Dutch treat, but still.

After Roz checked the strap on my helmet, I hopped up on the back and settled in to enjoy the smell of her leather jacket hitting my nostrils. Of course, there was the characteristic vibration of the Harley Davidson engine assaulting my crotch to contend with too. I was definitely going to need help climbing down after this ride was over. I had zero trust in my knees at this point.

We were sitting at a booth in a bar that was dark inside despite the fact that the sun still had a few more hours until it touched the horizon. Eddie Vedder was lamenting his broken glass of everything, from a jukebox over in the corner.

"So what's good here?" I asked.

I peered over the top of my beer and watched Roz formulating her response. I was trying my best not to stare. My panties were still a little clingy from the ride over, but I was managing.

"Their burgers are the best around. Just like your daddy used to grill 'em in the backyard."

"My dad left before my first birthday. I was still on soft foods."

"They have pizza too," she said, laying her hand on my forearm and giving me a gentle squeeze.

"You couldn't have known."

An awkward silence hung over us for a while after that. I kept trying to think of things to say. Fortunately, none of them came out of my mouth, because most sounded pretty dumb in retrospect. Like, 'Is the bartender your cousin too, or just the Uber driver?' or 'What do people do for fun after they roll up the sidewalks when the sun goes down?"

I finally settled on, "Who's the J in J & R towing? I'm guessing the R is you."

"Yep. The J is for John, my father."

"He grill a good burger in the backyard?"

"As a matter of fact, yes he did."

"He doesn't grill for you anymore?"

"He died about a year back."

"I'm sorry." Now it was my turn to offer comfort, reaching out for Roz's arm and giving her a gently rub. I tried my best not to gain too much pleasure in the touch, but it was a struggle.

"You couldn't have known." She gave me a wan smile after repeating my own words back to me.

Roz didn't offer any more about her father and I didn't pry. I also didn't make any effort to move my hand away from her arm. Neither did she. It wasn't until my stomach growled that she informed me that there was no wait staff and she had to go to the bar to order. I begrudgingly let her go, but kept one eye on her firm behind as she walked away.

My mental list of things that make me weak in the knees was now up to a chivalrous, dark-haired butch, in a tight tank top, who took me to dinner on the back of her vintage Harley, doesn't mind my hand on her arm, loves her daddy, and looks quite nice in her faded Levis. I sighed and waited for her return with my elbow on the table and my chin in my hand.

Between bites of the best burger I've had in a long time, I found out a little more about Roz. She told me how she was in the Air Force Reserve, and that no, she didn't fly planes, didn't even really get near them. She was a mechanic in the motor pool. I said something lame about how it fit well with what she did for a living, and then she started asking about me.

"You on your way to visit family?" she asked innocently.

I blew out a sigh. Roz raised an eyebrow just a little that I interpreted as her unspoken, 'uh oh, what did I step in?' A lot of people get that look when I start in on stories about my ex.

"Actually," I said, "I'm transferring schools. To get away from my psycho ex-girlfriend."

Surprisingly, Roz took it in stride. "She must really be something if you're leaving town."

"Yeah," I said, and took a sip of beer before continuing. "I got involved with one of my professors. Stupid, I know. She's kind of a big deal in my area of study, so there's really no avoiding her if I'd stayed."

"Which is?" Roz asked. "Your major, I mean."

"Aerospace engineering."

To my surprise, Roz's reaction was a brief chuckle and a quick sip of beer to hide behind.

"What? A girl can't be an engineer?"

"It's not that," Roz said with her eyebrows all knit together. "It's just that... Well, I'm sitting here having dinner with a very attractive young woman, who I just found out plays for the same team as me, and... And all I can come up with to say is, 'What's your major?'"

Roz was doing her best to keep a straight face, but she was quickly losing the battle.

"I mean, how lame is that?" she said, reaching for her glass again. Deepening her voice she said, "Hey, baby, what's your major. You probably hear that all the time."

"Usually from the wrong people."

Roz set her beer glass back down without taking a drink. I took the opportunity to lay my hand back on her forearm. My heart was thudding as I waited to see how she'd react.

"I'm sorry for laughing." She pulled her arm back until my hand was covering hers and then laced her fingers in with mine. "And I'm sorry your ex is such a piece of work."

I was just beginning to lose myself in the touch of her hand when she let go and retreated to her side of the table. She picked up her glass for another sip.

"I hope you find what you're looking for at your new school."

I think I've found what I'm looking for right here, I thought to myself, at least for tonight.

I probably should have said something out loud, because Roz—chivalrous Roz—dropped me off at my hotel after we finished dinner. She didn't even try to hit on me.

Normally, I would have found that frustrating. But, after a ride to the edge of town on that Harley of hers, with the engine that's perfectly tuned to rattle my crotch, I had other things frustrating me.

Unfortunately, Roz gave no signs of wanting to take on the job of relieving my frustrations. Not wanting to make a fool of myself, I thanked her for the ride and darted inside to shimmy out of my pants. My panties were soaked.

I flopped down on the bed and went about taking care of my urges. I plunged a finger in and rubbed until my eyes started to roll back inside my head. I tried my best to picture Roz on top of me, delivering my much needed release, but that bitch of an ex kept intruding into my thoughts.

Finally, I was able to banish the beast, and held only Roz in my mind's eye. She still had on her tank top, but her leather jacket and Levis were on the floor. Dream Roz had taken up residence between my thighs that I had spread wide for her. In my vision she was grinding away, while I rubbed myself inside and out.

"Ahh-haa." I let out a little squeak as I arched my back, imagining her mouth on my neck. She was good, my dream Roz. My thighs began to tremble and shake. I squeezed my eyes shut as I took myself over the edge.

After about five minutes of lying there, exhausted, no doubt with a big, cheese-eating grin on my face, I finally got up to wash my face and brush my teeth.

I called Roz at about ten in the morning, after availing myself of two waffles and a coffee from the motel's idea of a continental breakfast. The news she gave me was not particularly good.

"I'm sorry," she said, "but the dealership left a message last night saying they'd missed the deadline for overnight delivery. I didn't have the heart to tell you. It looks like you're stuck here in podunk for another night."

I said nothing and the line was silent for a rather uncomfortable amount of time. It was Roz who finally spoke up.

"You are in luck, however," she said, "that the county fair is currently in full swing and it's only in the next town over. You really haven't lived until you've seen a hog judging competition in person."

I still didn't say anything. All I could think of were unkind words to describe my radiator and hitching a ride to the county fair with cousin Randy the local Uber driver. From what Roz had said, he should be sober at this time of day.

"I can swing by and pick you up. Only other car in the shop today is an oil change. I can get that squared away and have you to the fair for lunch. If you want to."

If I want to? Roz, what kind of question is that?

"Do they have funnel cakes?" I said.

"Is that what you're planning on having for lunch?"

"Dessert maybe."

"So that's a yes?"

"Mm-hmm."

"See you at eleven then."

I hung up the phone and did a little twirl. I took a quick look at the bed-side clock and then flopped down to take care of a new urge rising up. Dream Roz gave a spectacular encore.

We stood among the noise and flashing lights of the midway arcade, Roz and me. I was clutching my half-eaten funnel cake in one hand and a stuffed panda wearing a rainbow-striped heart t-shirt in the other. I had already named the bear Roz, but I wasn't making that public knowledge just yet.

"I can't believe you won me a bear. I thought these games were all rigged."

Roz just shrugged and grinned.

You're amazing," I said.

I swear she blushed as we walked along.

"Listen," she said, suddenly straight-faced. "There's something I've got to tell you."

I stopped and turned toward her.

"I wasn't completely honest with you earlier."

"You mean the games really are rigged, but you've got a cousin who works the midway and let you win?"

"No." Roz dropped her gaze to her feet. "I lied about the part for your car. The radiator core got here at eight this morning, just like they said it would. I already swapped it out. Your car's good to go. I swear I didn't mean nothin' by it. I just... well... I was being selfish. I hope I didn't mess up your plans for—"

Roz didn't get to finish her sentence, because I pressed my lips to hers and kissed her for all I was worth, right there in the middle of the midway, with all of the bells and flashing lights. I began to amend my list again. I was up to a chivalrous butch with dark hair who has a minor flaw of stretching the truth to keep a girl around long enough to win her a teddy bear at the county fair.

"So, does that mean you want to stick around for the hog judging?" she asked.

I reached out and smacked her on the shoulder. "It means... Oh, why the hell didn't you tell me this last night?"

"Well, because we had just met and I—"

"On second thought, don't answer that." I pressed my finger to her lips. With my other hand, I wove my fingers between hers and looked her straight in the eye. "I don't have to be at school 'til Monday. Tell me I won't have to stay at the motel on the edge of town again and I'll stick around for the hog judging. Or the tractor pull. Or whatever the hell else you want to do."

"Kiss at the top of the Ferris wheel?"

I nodded. "I named my bear Roz, by the way. I thought you should know that."

I swear I saw her blushing again as we walked off.

"Oh my gawd!" I cried out, as Roz filled me nearly to bursting with another powerful trust. "Oh, fuck. That's it. Right... fuuuuck."

Real Roz was much better than dream Roz. Real Roz had a strap-on. And a fabulous ass to squeeze as she drove the toy home between my thighs.

"Yes!" I dug my fingernails into the skin of Roz's ass to spur her on. "Don't stop. Oh, please don't stop."

Roz showed no signs of stopping, or of slowing down for that matter. I had just sailed through one hell of a screamer and was quickly approaching another one.

With the state I was currently in, I couldn't remember much of my list, except for dark-haired butch. I appended 'with a strap-on and boundless energy' as I arched my back in anticipation of my next climax.

"Oh, fu—, fu—, fu—"

Roz's face scrunched up, and her eyes fluttered a bit, as she drove me onward toward the cliff.

"Yes! Oh gawd, yes!" I wrapped my arms around the neck of my chivalrous butch, with her dark hair and no tank top this time, and began kissing every inch of her face while she and I grunted under the force of our mutual climax.

"Oh, that was incredible." I blew out a ragged breath. "So good. Oh, thank you."

Roz rolled to the side and leaned over to kiss the tip of my nose. "You're very vocal," she said.

I smiled.

We talked about plans as we lay there recovering from our afternoon's delight. We didn't get much farther than tomorrow morning. But, we both knew it was unrealistic to think any other way.

I had found a woman who easily made me weak in the knees. A woman with dark hair, who had a fondness for tank tops and leather jackets. A woman who would open the door of her truck for me and who rides a Harley that vibrates me in all the right places. A woman who blushes when I tell her I named my bear after her.

I found all of this, and more. And, I was going to leave her behind tomorrow morning.

We had shed our clothing for the night, after another dinner at the bar that I was beginning to think was the only place to eat in this little town. Roz the panda bear with the rainbow heart shirt was looking at us from atop the dresser on the other side of the room.

I was curled up, holding my knees to my chest, while the real Roz pressed against me from behind. Her hand was d****d over me and cupping my right breast. The sheets were still wet with our passion, and the strap-on was inside me, but slowly falling out. I was sporting a grin a mile wide.

"Promise you'll come back if you ever need another radiator repair?" Roz whispered in my ear.

"Or if I need someone to win me a teddy bear at the county fair?"

"That could be arranged." Roz placed a gentle kiss on the nape of my neck to seal the deal. "Or just for a weekend if you need a distraction. It's not such a distance to that big school of yours."

With that, we fell silent. Eventually, we found the energy to get cleaned up and move out of the wet spot. I pressed my back against Roz and sighed as she d****d an arm over me. Going through my mental list again, I amended it to chivalrous dark-haired butch who snuggles after sex and just made it pretty clear she'd like to see me again.

I felt around until I found her hand. Lacing my fingers in, I drew her hand close to my chest, sighed, and closed my eyes for the night.

The End
Reply to this topic